Top 10 Reasons to Filter Tap Water
- Water filtration can provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing chlorine, chemicals, pesticides, heavy metals and bacterial contaminants.
- Point-of-use water filters remove lead from drinking water immediately prior to consumption, thus preventing this harmful substance from entering the body.
- The purchase of a countertop filter results in a source of clean, healthy water that costs much less than expensive bottled water and reduce toxic waste in the environment.
- Water filters greatly reduce the risk of certain cancers including: rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts such as Trihalomethanes (THMs) from drinking water.
- A carbon water filter can selectively remove dangerous contaminants from drinking water while retaining healthy mineral deposits that balance the pH of drinking water.
- Drinking clean, filtered water protects the body from disease and leads to overall greater health and energy.
- A water filter provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of tap water.
- Water filters reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 80 percent by removing cryptosporidium, e-coli and giardia from drinking water.
- Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters offer the last line of defence between the body and the over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
Top 10 Reasons to Filter your Shower Water
- Using a shower filter is one of the easiest and most effective ways to reduce harmful exposure to chlorine and other chemicals.
- Showering in filtered water results in greater respiratory health by reducing the risk of asthma and bronchitis from chlorine inhalation.
- Showering in chlorine-free, filtered water decreases the risks of bladder and breast cancer.
- Children, who are particularly at risk of the harmful effects of chlorine inhalation, benefit especially from the removal of chlorine from showering water.
- As chlorine is a leading cause of fatigue, showering in filtered, chlorine-free water results in higher energy levels and overall greater health.
- Removing chlorine from showering water results in better air quality throughout the house.
- Without the drying effects of chlorine, skin becomes softer, healthier, and younger looking.
- Removing chlorine from showering water reduces the presence of skin rashes and the appearance of wrinkles.
- Because the hair is able to preserve its natural moisturising oils, it becomes softer and healthier when chlorine is removed from showering water.
- When the body is able to retain its natural moisturisers, the need for costly lotions and moisturisers is greatly reduced.
Top 10 Reasons to choose our Alkaline Water Filters
- Get peak physical and mental performance – Discover why world-class athletes endorse our Mineral Pot products. The health benefits of alkaline water, ionised mineral water without harmful substances are invaluable.
- Save money – At $1.20 – $10.00 a litre, did you know that bottled water often costs more than petrol? Save your hard earned money with our water filter systems. For example, the Bio Mineral Pot filter range gives you high quality, alkaline mineral water at under 3 cents per litre* (*Calculated on cost of replacement filters).
- Clean, pure, fresh taste – Imagine the taste of water as though it’s just come from a natural mineral spring source!
- Lifetime peace of mind – How much is total peace of mind worth to you? Any faulty goods will be replaced for as long as you live.
- Be environmentally responsible – You can make a difference by reducing carbon emissions and fossil fuel used in the production and distribution of disposable plastic bottles, an alarming amount of which ends up in landfill waste and our oceans. Take our Waterman portable water filter for example. Your one decision to buy this product is equivalent to around 1300 x 600ml bottles per replaceable filter.
- Choice and range – Choose from a wide range of portable, domestic & commercial drinking water and shower filter systems.
- Easy and convenient – You can take Waterman mini portable water filter with you anywhere. Mineral pots sit on your bench top. Plumbed in water filtration systems give you a continuous water supply.
- Internationally recognised – Waters Co has won a number of quality awards for water filtration. High level endorsements and associations give you 100% confidence.
- Availability – You can buy Water Co Mineral Pot products from any one of our growing number of retailers or you can buy direct from us.
- Support your community – You can help us to support some of New Zealand and Australia’s top athletes, sporting clubs and schools through funds and goods we donate, and through fund raising activities.
Water, The Spice Of Life!
Life on Earth began in water and evolved from it. You have personal experience with this dependence each time you seek water fluids to quench your thirst and replenish your body’s water content. The cells inside your body are surrounded by a fluid that is mostly water and your cells themselves range from 70% to 80% in water content. Water is the biological medium here on Earth and the supporter of all life forms.
Water circulates through our body without rest and causes the macromolecules (proteins, enzymes, and genes) and cells in the body to function properly. When information is passed from tissues to tissue, it is water that delivers this information. Water performs not one but many particular tasks, all life supporting or life saving. In a living body, if the circulation of water slows down too much, life ceases. Equally important to both lower and higher organisms, water is the vital generator of life and its supporting force.
Every day you make an assumption about the safety of the water you drink. Whether that trust is well-placed, is the real question.
Our natural water resources are under a great deal of stress, as we battle with an ever changing climate, pollution and the needs of a rapidly growing population. Demand for quality drinking water has never been greater!
Our government has a duty to provide us with water that is safe to drink, however the water quality at the point of consumption may not always be complimentary for our short or long-term health. Contaminants including heavy metals, chemicals such as chlorine, pesticides, bacteria, organic & in-organic compounds all can be present in our drinking water.
Given the importance of water to our wellbeing & every bodily function, we owe it to ourselves to ensure that the water we drink is as pure & fresh as possible!
We don’t all have a natural spring water source in our back yard & purchasing pre-bottled water can be both inconvenient and is prohibitively expensive, both financially and environmentally.